(a) A person commits domestic battery pack she knowingly without legal justification by any means: (1) causes bodily harm to any family or household member; (2) makes physical contact of an insulting or provoking nature with any family or household member if he or.
“Family or household members” consist of spouses, previous spouses, moms and dads, kids, stepchildren, as well as other individuals associated by bloodstream or by current or marriage that is prior people who share or previously provided a typical dwelling, people who possess or allegedly have actually a young child in accordance, people who share or presumably share a bloodstream relationship through a kid, individuals who possess or experienced a relationship or engagement relationship, people with disabilities and their individual assistants, and caregivers as defined in part 12-4.4a with this Code. For purposes of the Article, neither an informal acquaintanceship nor ordinary fraternization between 2 people running a business or social contexts will be considered to constitute a dating relationship.
Stalking, 720 ILCS 5/12-7.3
(a) A person commits stalking as he or she knowingly engages in a training course of conduct fond of a particular individual, in which he or she understands or should be aware that this program of conduct would cause an acceptable individual to: (1) fear with regards to security or the safety of a 3rd individual; or (2) suffer other emotional stress.
(a-3) A person commits stalking as he or she, knowingly and without legal reason, on at the least 2 split occasions follows another individual or puts the person under surveillance or any combination thereof and: (1) at any moment transmits a risk of immediate or future harm that is bodily intimate attack, confinement or restraint plus the risk is directed towards see your face or a member of family of that individual; or (2) puts that person in reasonable apprehension of immediate or future physical damage, intimate attack, confinement or discipline to or of this individual or a member of family of this individual.
(a-5) A person commits stalking as he or she’s camsloveaholics.com/couples/ formerly been convicted of stalking someone else and knowingly and without legal reason on one event: (1) follows that exact same person or locations where same person under surveillance; and (2) transmits a risk of immediate or future physical damage, intimate attack, confinement or discipline to that particular individual or a relative of the individual.
For purposes for this area:
(1) “span of conduct” means 2 or higher functions, including although not limited by acts for which a defendant straight, indirectly, or through 3rd events, by any action, technique, unit, or means follows, monitors, observes, surveils, threatens, or communicates to or just around, an individual, partcipates in other contact that is non-consensual or inhibits or damages an individual’s home or animal. A training course of conduct might add contact via electronic communications.
(2) “Electronic communication” means any transfer of indications, signals, writings, noises, information, or cleverness of every nature sent in entire or perhaps in component by a wire, radio, electromagnetic, photoelectric, or photo-optical system. “Electronic interaction” includes transmissions by some type of computer over the internet to a different computer.
(3) “Emotional distress” means significant psychological suffering, anxiety or security.
(4) “Family member” means a parent, grandparent, sibling, sis, or kid, whether by entire blood, half-blood, or use and includes a step-grandparent, step-parent, step-brother, step-sister or step-child. “Family member” does mean virtually any one who regularly resides within the home, or who, in the previous half a year, frequently resided in your family.
(5) “Follows another person” means (i) to go in relative proximity to an individual as see your face moves from destination to place or (ii) to stay in general proximity to someone who is fixed or whose motions are restricted up to a little area. “Follows another individual” will not add a after in the residence for the defendant.
(6) “Non-consensual contact” means any connection with the target that is initiated or continued without the target’s permission, including but not limited by being within the real existence regarding the target; appearing in the sight for the target; approaching or confronting the victim in a general public destination or on personal home; showing up in the workplace or residence of this victim; entering onto or remaining on property owned, leased, or occupied by the target; or putting an item on, or delivering an item to, home owned, leased, or occupied by the target.
(7) “Places a person under surveillance” means: (1) staying present beyond your individuals school, where you work, car, other destination occupied by the individual, or residence apart from the residence associated with the defendant; or (2) placing an electric monitoring unit on the individual or even the man or woman’s home.